Posting date: 15.12.2015.
Posting Title: Finance Officer
Type of Contract: Fixed-term contract
Start date: 1 March 2016
Duration of the contract: 8 months with possibility of extension
Location: Belgrade, Republic of Serbia
Application Deadline: 31.01.2016
Languages Required: English
ASTRA – Anti Trafficking Action, Belgrade-based local grass-root anti-trafficking organization established in 2000 as the first actor to address the issue of human trafficking in Serbia, is looking for a:
FINANCE OFFICER SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- For all aspects of financial planning, processing, monitoring and reporting in organization.
- Preparing budgets for planning and coordination of project organizational activities, including detailed forecast budgets, covering implementation of the organizational projects components, as well as the recurrent operational costs.
- Developing ASTRA’s annual master budget and supporting documentation.
- Developing ASTRA’s fundraising and budgetary plan in coordination with ASTRA management and assistance in fundraising.
- Overseeing financial management aspects related to different ASTRA program components.
- Keeping regular database of the financial flows and spending (on a daily basis).
- Preparing bank and other payments including supporting documents.
- Preparing calculations and forecasts for the regular interim cash flow forecasts.
- Preparing and submitting rent payments and salaries to bookkeeping Agency.
- Developing procurement documentation.
- Preparing and supervising external auditing.
- All financial operations in relation with Balkans ACT Now 2 – EU-funded regional project where ASTRA is project leader, including the planning of financial transactions to partners, issuing of transactions and responsibility over their financial reporting (both accuracy and timeliness), advising on the necessary corrections of the financial documents and monitoring financial work of projects’ partners through the planned reports.
- Executing all above responsibilities in compliance with the Financial Management Guidelines and procedures and regulations of the Republic of Serbia and the EU.
- Carrying out any other periodic duties assigned by the ASTRA Management and all other roles regarding finance as agreed by the ASTRA team.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Successful candidate must have:
- Relevant education Advanced degree in business administration, economics, finance and related subjects; membership and certification from an internationally recognized accountancy body is an advantage.
- At least 3 years of qualified experience of work in non-governmental finance.
- At least 1 year working experience in donor-funded projects, preferably EU.
- Full understanding of EU and domestic financial procedures and regulations.
- Demonstrated focus on impact and results.
- Demonstrated attention on details.
- Willingness to do other tasks in the administration.
- Readiness to work overtime.
- Computer literacy with practical experience in the use of Microsoft Office and familiarity with major accounting, budget and finance computer systems and ERPs.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds whilst remaining impartial and objective.
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Interested candidates shall submit:
- Motivation letter (1 page)
- 3 references
Please submit your application until January 31, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.