Issued by: ASTRA-Anti trafficking action
Field of expertise: Policy in trafficking in human beings field, Rule of law
Position: Head of policy and learning
Vacancy type: National
Functional level: Senior management
Number of posts: 1
Duty station: Belgrade
Date of issue: 15 October 2018
Deadline for application: 30 October 2018 – 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
ASTRA – Anti trafficking Action is a Belgrade based local grass-root anti-trafficking organization established in 2000 as the first actor to raise the issue of human trafficking in Serbia. As a leader in the counter-trafficking effort in Serbia, ASTRA has applied holistic approach to the human trafficking problem, i.e. it has been dealing with all forms of human trafficking and all categories of survivors – women, children and men, focusing its activities concurrently on prevention, education, public awareness raising, direct victim assistance and reintegration, advocacy, research and networking. ASTRA observes the problem of human trafficking as the gravest form of human rights violation and insists on and advocates for the full respect of trafficking survivors’ human rights.
For additional information about ASTRA, please visit www.astra.rs
ASTRA is committed to improving the gender balance among staff in all areas and levels. Female candidates are therefore strongly encouraged to apply for this management opportunity.
· Ensuring ASTRA’s advocacy, practice and programmatic (including project development) work is founded on robust evidence
· Lead responsible for ASTRA’s high quality, effective and efficient research output, organizational monitoring and learning, and for ensuring that this evidence underpins ASTRA’s work.
· Lead responsible for promoting and sharing ASTRA’s knowledge with external stakeholders
· Leading on fundraising for evaluation and research projects
· As a Senior Team member, contribute to setting the organisational strategic direction and contribute to management of progress towards it including the development and implementation of organisational Strategy
· Regularly input to and review organisational performance against KPI’s, the Risk register and contribute to corrective measures
· Accountable for production of high quality research outputs and evidence
· The leadership and management of a diverse range of research and evidence projects of varying sizes and across all ASTRA’s projects and programmes
· Responsible for leading and supervising work plans, quality and delivery of research projects
· Responsible for ensuring that ASTRA works in an evidence based way
· Accountable for using a wide range of dissemination activities and methods to make ASTRA’s learning accessible to reach a wide range of policy makers, practitioners and to our final beneficiaries.
· To write for publication and speak publicly about research, evidence and evaluation, representing ASTRA at high level meetings and events with senior stakeholders and contributing to raising the public profile of ASTRA.
· To develop the involvement of victims of human trafficking in all stages of research as appropriate.
· To lead on the development, implementation and reporting of annual and multi-annual impact for ASTRA.
· To lead on the management of budgets for research projects and ensure high quality financial control.
· To be responsible for ensuring the generation and funding for ASTRA’s research work, including sourcing and securing funding from a diverse range of sources, in consultation with other SMT members and external collaborators and to ensure the development of good relationships with major funders.
· To develop and build positive working relationships with a range of external agencies, to identify and develop opportunities for partnership working and represent and negotiate on ASTRA’s behalf at senior level meetings.
· To design and deliver training on monitoring and evaluation methods across ASTRA and externally, as required.
· To design and deliver trainings on different aspects of trafficking in human beings problem for diverse categories of professionals
· Responsible for recruitment and management of Policy and Learning staff, and accountable for their performance